Permanent Human Settlement of the Earth, Space and Ocean Frontiers

Wednesday, March 15, 2006




150 Million Americans To Die?

Yesterday I talked about stockpiling tuna under the bed as a response to Cabinet Secretary of Health and Human Services - Michael Leavitt’s idea about beating avian flu. In that article, I pieced together the two bleakest projections for the possible human-to-human evolution of H5N1 which projected 1/4th of the US population would die – 74 million. What a difference one day makes. Last night on ABC News, the leading expert on the virus, Dr. Robert G. Webster, projected twice that – or some 150 million Americas in the viral crosshairs.

I don’t know about you, dear reader, but that makes my skin crawl. As far as my history book goes, there has never ever been a greater threat to human kind. The Black Plague is rendered inconsequential to this horror.

In any event, I guess it is best that you read this article for yourself. And as far as stockpiling under his bed? Forget it. Dr. Webster has loaded up his basement! Click here for details.

Shown above is Dr. Robert G. Webster - ABC News