Permanent Human Settlement of the Earth, Space and Ocean Frontiers

Friday, September 01, 2006




In The Eye

I promised to tell you what it was like to be in the eye of Ernesto. I snapped this online Intellicast Radar image when it hovered directly over my home. Then I went running outside to see what it looked like – and it was raining! Ernesto was a big bore from the time it arrived until the time it left. If the media had not gone totally nuts before in advance and whipped all of us up into a last-day-on-earth freaking worry fest, there would not have been any way to know whether it was just a slow steady drizzle on a dreary day from any other dreary day. Sighhh. At least I did not board up my windows this time. Ernesto is living proof that the National Hurricane Center is now starting to name big clouds.
Remember that article I had on global cooling? Well… go read that again…